Penetanguishene Heritage Logo
EN|FR

Penetanguishene Centennial Museum and Archives

Cultural Heritage Value and Interest | Designated in 1981

Located on Burke Street at the intersection with Beck Boulevard, this structure was built in 1875 by Carl Beck. Its original function was a general company store for the workers in Beck’s nearby sawmills and it carried everything from hardware to groceries. The Beck Company employees were paid partly in cash and partly in Beck tokens which were only redeemable at this store and another similar one on Main Street, a method of payment which increased the company profits. This rectangular two-storey building still stands on its original site.

Constructed in 1875


13 Burke Street, Penetanguishene Ontario, L9M 1C1 Canada

(705) 549-2150

museum@penetanguishene.ca


© Penetanguishene Heritage | Website by mediasuite.ca

Loading Icon