Penetanguishene Heritage Logo
EN|FR

Dault Block

Architectural and Historical Value | Designated in 2002

The property was originally owned by Alfred Sneath in 1876 and sold to Donald Dault in 1901. The building was constructed in the era of 1885 -1894 and is a good example of a turn of the century, commercial conservative Victorian style. It was owned and occupied by J.B. Jennings and W. H. Hewson. Both men had professional offices in the building. Mr. Jennings, Mayor of the Town, operated an insurance agency, and Mr. Hewson who was Clerk of the Town, operated a law office. The Penetanguishene Water and Light Commission Offices first appeared here in 1923 and remained until the mid 1990ís.

Constructed in 1876


1 Simcoe Street, Penetanguishene Ontario, L9M 1V2 Canada


© Penetanguishene Heritage | Website by mediasuite.ca

Loading Icon