Penetanguishene Heritage Logo
EN|FR

St. Anns Church

Cultural Heritage Value and Interest | Designated in 1981

This Church, originally dedicated to the Canadian Martyrs, was built between 1885 and 1900. Father Theophile Laboureau sought contributions from both sides of the Atlantic to build this Memorial Church in Romanesque and Italianate design. The three great bells were cast in France and consecrated in 1909. The bells carry the names of the Canadian Martyrs and Father Laboureau. (Pictured in its original state)

Constructed in 1886


20 Robert Street West, Penetanguishene Ontario, L9M 1N2 Canada

(705) 549-2560



Documents

© Penetanguishene Heritage | Website by mediasuite.ca

Loading Icon