Penetanguishene Heritage Logo
EN|FR

Fire Hall & Council Chambers

Ontario Heritage Property | Designated in 1987

10 Robert Street West is the original site of the Town Fire Department and Council Chambers. The building is constructed with a limestone foundation and red brick exterior. Three arched windows enhance the second floor front fašade. The tower attached to the front east corner of the original building features a domed roof and was used to dry fire hoses and housed the fire bell. The architect for this building was J.H. Galt and it was constructed by local contractor Alfonse Tessier. The Town Hall was expanded in 1968 and again in 2007. (Pictured in its original state).

Constructed in 1891


10 Robert Street West, Penetanguishene Ontario, L9M 1T9 Canada


© Penetanguishene Heritage | Website by mediasuite.ca

Loading Icon