Penetanguishene Heritage Logo

McGibbon Lumber House

Architectural and Historical Value | Designated in 1981

32 Water Street was built circa 1878 and originally occupied by a local merchant named Mr. Dodge. Dodge carried on his grocery business there under the name of “Charlewood Grocery”. In 1882, Mr. David Davidson converted the building to a lumber office. In 1900, the building was sold to the McGibbon family and was used as their lumber company offices until 1960. Some modifications have been made to the original structure, however it remains a well-preserved example of the simple but functional architecture of that era.

Constructed in 1878

32 Water Street, Penetanguishene Ontario, L9M 1M9 Canada



© Penetanguishene Heritage | Website by

Loading Icon