Penetanguishene Heritage Logo
EN|FR

George Gordon House

Cultural Heritage Value and Interest | Designated in 2011

This plain building at 12 Water Street conceals the original logs of what is believed to be the first log house built in the Town. Stucco covers the one and a half storey cedar log house built by George Gordon in 1828. Gordon was a fur trader who had operated in Fort William, Sault Ste. Marie and Drummond Island before moving to Penetanguishene in the Drummond Island migration. (Pictured in its original state)

Constructed in 1828


12 Water Street, Penetanguishene Ontario, L9M 1V6 Canada


© Penetanguishene Heritage | Website by mediasuite.ca

Loading Icon