Penetanguishene Heritage Logo

W.R. Benson House

Architectural and Historical Value | Designated in 1990

Built in 1905 by local carpenter, George Pelletier, this home was purchased in 1919 by William R. Benson, manager of the Firstbrook Box Co., who occupied it until the 1950’s. The elaborately decorated white corner brackets and pendants contrast with the painted red brick exterior. The high gable roof has a cross gable and central brick chimney, surmounted by a fine “widow’s walk” which commands a magnificent view of Penetang Bay.

Constructed in 1905

69 Poyntz Street, Penetanguishene Ontario, L9M 1N6 Canada


© Penetanguishene Heritage | Website by

Loading Icon